Friday, June 17, 2011

Just A Mom

I don't know how many of you are stay at home moms, like me, but do you ever feel like people look down on you because you are "just a mom" and haven't really "done anything with your life?" I do. I "threw away" a full paid scholarship to college to get married and start a family. I had heard my whole life, "You can do anything you want to do, be anything you want to be, if you just set your mind to it." I went through stages just like any kid, wanting to be a doctor, a teacher, a famous singer...but in the back of my mind, I knew I always wanted to be a wife and mother. And here I am however many years later. Wife and mother of 3. And you know what?

I'm happy.

I'm not going to sit here and lie to you. I'm not the perfect, model Proverbs 31 woman. There are things that I wish were different sometimes. I wish I had more support and more courage to act even without the support.

But I love being Jeremy's wife, his help meet, which entails so many different things. That and being a good mother to our children is a full time job. I love doing it. I love knowing that God gave me the direction and the desire to want to serve Him in doing my best to make our home a happy, loving, safe place for us and those we love. That He gave me the direction and desire to be hospitable and kind-hearted. That He gave me the avenue and ability to use this blog to reach out to others and try to be an encouragement even to those who I may never have met.

Am I "just a mom?"

No.

I am a mom. But I am also a wife. A friend. A Christian. A child of the King. A servant of my Lord.




Lord, help me always to remember that everything I do is for Your glory, whether it is blessing my home with cleanliness, instructing my children in righteousness, supporting my husband in his place of leadership, or encouraging others with Your love. Let me always strive to continue do to so. In the name of sweet Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment