Thursday, June 9, 2011

True to Myself

You ever have someone tell you the "right"way to do something? Then when you try things their way, it's like wearing a shoe that is too tight (which is even more uncomfortable for someone who wears shoes as seldom as I do!) Now, you realize I'm not talking about commands from God, or doing those things that are required in our walk to live the Christian life. I'm talking about personality differences, "marketing yourself" if you will.

When I decided to start a devotional blog, the first thing I did was do a little research on what makes a "good" devo. I found I was "supposed to" start with a Bible passage, say my bit, then end with a prayer. So this is how I started. And I will admit, it is a good format. But it just hasn't been flowing well for me. At least not to use the same format for every post. So I have decided to loosen up a bit. Be more...well, me. Not try to be so philosophical or whatever it is I have tried. Be myself, and not try to do like someone else because it's "right." Just be open, using my own life and my own words to minister. Share my own shortcomings and how I am trying to overcome them. I don't mean be negative, but constructive. Weaving Scripture and prayer throughout. We will see how this goes. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment